With access to a rich palette of databases that contains sections and materials meeting different standards, structural engineers can work in React Structures with country-specific section shapes and imperial or metric units within the same integrated model. React Structures supports steel, concrete and timber structures.
The program uses imperial units by default. A short info about current units is displayed in the program status bar.
- 1. Click units info in the status bar or the Options button available in the menu unfolded when you click on the R icon in the upper left corner.
2. Units system can be changed by clicking on the first category in the tree menu. The next categories allow set units types. Change the default imperial settings to Metric.
3. Select Materials in the tree menu and change the Basic set for Steel and Concrete material types. In the drop-down menu select S 355 for Steel and C20/25 for Concrete.
4. Next, select Databases in the tree menu and verify the default section database for steel members.
5. All databases loaded to the program can be checked when you click on the Sections category in the tree menu. Additional databases can be loaded to the project by clicking on the button over the table. Add the EURO database (European Section Database).
6. When everything is done in the Options dialog, press OK button to save settings and quit the dialog.